BRIAN B. GOTHARD
2823 Bienville Blvd, Apt 51
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
Extensive experience in Business Operations, Customer Service, and all Management functions. I have a special talent for motivating others to excel and get the job done. My skills will have a direct positive effect on your bottom line, guaranteed.
Alabaster, AL / Ocean Springs, MS
Providing Business and Technology consulting services.
12/06 to Present
Business and Information Technology Consultant
Providing a complete range of technical and operations solutions. Clients range from home office users to Fortune 100 companies.
Roland Pugh Construction, Inc.
RPC was a major utility contractor supplying sewer rehabilitation services to the Jefferson County Department of Environmental Services.
1/00 to 12/2006
Original duties included a complete reorganization of the business unit to streamline the information exchange between internal and external groups. I implemented new communicational procedures, hired administrative personnel, and cleaned up several months’ worth of backlogged payables and receivables. I implemented a Purchase Order system to track expenditures and minimize unauthorized spending. I upgraded technology where necessary, in order to allow for the implementation of inventory, expense, and production tracking databases, which I then created using Microsoft Access 2000.
Ongoing duties included gathering, verifying, tracking, and reporting all production for 18 work units. I implemented a database allowing custom reporting to the Project Manager of work completed as relating to the scheduled contract work approved by Jefferson County. This information was also used each month to tie in the financials and generate statements that were used to bill Jefferson County for work performed.
Additional duties unrelated to the above included responsibility for tracking maintenance and usage for 300+ pieces of equipment ranging from pickup trucks to heavy excavation equipment to office equipment. I created and implemented a database to handle the information and reporting, as well as the paper documents and procedures necessary for proper collection of data.
Hackbarth Delivery Service
HDS is a leader in the Courier Services industry, with major clients in the banking and pharmaceutical industries.
5/99 to 1/00
Responsible for the entire branch office, including cost and profitability analysis, financials, scheduling and management of 40+ Couriers, fleet maintenance, safety, customer service, new business acquisition, and all aspects of the business.
Independent Technical Recruiter
2/99 to 5/99
Working with select staffing firms and private sector clients in fulfilling requirements for highly qualified computer and management professionals.
SPEC Group Holdings, Inc., IT Solutions Division
SPEC IT Solutions supplies Information Technology professionals to Fortune 500 clients in the arenas of Consulting, Staffing, and Systems Integration.
6/98 to 2/99
Business Development Manager / IT Recruiter
Responsible for expanding the corporate presence throughout the Southeast, including all marketing, recruitment, and sales functions.
General duties included:
* Generating marketing plans to expand brand name awareness among target clients, including media ads, mass mailings, and personal contact.
* Expanding the core client base outside of primary process industries.
* Finding, interviewing, and hiring qualified computer professionals and sales personnel.
* Acquisition of Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider status at the request of Microsoft. Required coordination of training and testing for several employees to obtain their Microsoft credentials (MCSE).
1/97 to 6/98
Business Unit Manager
Prior to a corporate reorganization, which moved my position to Pittsburgh, I was assigned to the Fairfield Works of US Steel in Fairfield, AL, by SPEC as on-site manager for all contract IT personnel. SPEC IT Solutions was the Prime Contractor for USS, and was responsible for supplying all IT personnel for the Systems & Process Control Department.
* Responsible for operating the Business Unit, including budgeting, scheduling, and all business operations.
* Responsible for setting up the Business Office, including acquiring office space, furniture, and equipment for 18 programmers, and hiring administrative personnel.
* Managed the transition as US Steel named SPEC Prime Contractor. Organized a system by which SPEC handles all customer interface with US Steel, including time reporting, billing, project management, and human resources issues relating to upwards of fifty SPEC employees and subcontractors.
* Corporate liaison to US Steel Purchasing and S&PC.
* Coordinate with S&PC management to identify personnel needs and fill open requirements.
* Obtain detailed progress summaries from each contractor weekly for reporting to S&PC management.
* Distribute all open position requirements to sub-contracting firms and coordinate submission of candidates.
* Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring all IT contractors.
* Responsible for all benefits issues, including insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
* Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and approving all contractor time sheets for S&PC. Also responsible for correlating and summarizing time sheet data and expenses to US Steel for invoicing purposes.
* Coordinate with USS Purchasing Agent on any changes or discrepancies pertaining to billing issues.
* Build a corporate presence and contact new clients for SPEC in Birmingham.
* Designed and developed several MS Access 97 databases to handle business and recruiting functions.
Automation Technologies, Inc.
ATI is a manufacturer and integrator of circuit board handling systems for major electronics companies.
7/96 to 12/96
Due to my intimate knowledge of the business and manufacturing practices, I was asked to evaluate every aspect of the company and submit proposed refinements to the Vice President of Manufacturing.
* Designed and developed several MS Access databases used for tracking employee information, shipping and receiving, project management, and production reporting. These systems encompassed the entire manufacturing process from Sales Quote to Product Installation, and supplied up to the minute tracking information on any project to the Sales, Engineering, Fabrication, Manufacturing, and Shipping departments. A full-blown inventory system was designed, but was only implemented for in-house fabricated parts before Executive Management decided to stay with their current canned inventory system for purchased components.
1/96 to 7/96
Acting Assembly Manager
Solely responsible for the entire Assembly Department. In addition to the duties listed below, I was also responsible for:
* Performing all employee evaluations
* Handling all corrective actions and discipline
* Ensuring compliance with OSHA regulations and coordinating safety training
* Coordinating with the Sales, Engineering and Fabrication Departments regarding project scheduling and delivery
1/95 to 1/96
Assistant Assembly Manager
* Responsible for the day to day scheduling of 240+ mechanics and electricians in 14 work crews to assure efficient production.
* Employee liaison for human resources and safety issues.
* Maintained Time America, the company payroll database.
* Light PLC ladder logic troubleshooting
3/94 to 1/95
Electrical Pre-Assembly Foreman
* Established and headed a department responsible for pre-processing of all electronic devices and manufacturing all wiring harnesses to be used in circuit board handling equipment.
* Established and implemented wiring standards.
* Responsible for $500,000 wire and component inventory. Maintained a +/- .2% inventory shrinkage for nine of the ten months I was in this position.
* Managed the scheduling and production of two to four electricians.
3/93 to 3/94
Graphic Artist/Network Technician
* Programmed and operated a XENETECH Graphic Workstation to design and generate engraved plastic tags, incorporating AutoCAD drawings.
* Designed a corporate logo, which was adopted by the company for all letterhead, brochures, and other official purposes.
* Installed and maintained all network infrastructure for a 60 user Ethernet LAN.
* Installed and configured PCs on a Novell 3.12 network.
* Installed a video security system in the offices and plant.
* Installed and maintained computerized time acquisition system.
Schwan’s Sales Enterprises
1991 to 1993
* Responsible for $750,000 frozen foods inventory.
* Maintained the lowest shrink in the region for four months running. Always below national average.
* Supervised the receiving and distribution of frozen product to local delivery trucks.
* Tracked fleet vehicle maintenance.
* Serviced a retail home delivery route of frozen food products.
* Responsible for vehicle inventory.
* Generated new customers through the referral process and cold calling.
* Maintained a high quality of customer service and satisfaction.
Warehouseman (Part-time while still with Sears)
* Unload frozen food products and organize in freezer warehouse.
* Fill pull tickets and load local delivery trucks.
* Maintain cleanliness of freezer warehouse.
Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Vestavia Hills, AL
1989 to 1992
Commission Sales Associate
* Retail sales of lawn and garden equipment, exercise equipment, hand and power tools, industrial tools, and home improvements.
* Maintained a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
* Won several Employee of the Month and Customer Service awards.
Gravelle Enterprises (Metro Kirby)
1988 to 1989
* Responsible for recruiting and training a Direct Sales force which was consistently in the top 10% in the region.
* Provided telephone closing support to Direct Sales force
* Generated new customers through referrals and cold-calling.
* Won the “Top Dealer” Award twice for excellence in sales and customer service.